Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Touch of Gray

There appears to be an inevitable phenomena occurring which shocks and intrigues me at the same time. More and more gray is turning up on this full head of hair daily. Early in the morning, squinting into the mirror, thinking "Oh my living lord, there is another one!". For some reason it doesn't seem possible that I am starting to have this happen. This is something which clearly happens to mom or dad but not possibly me. Old people go gray, not folks in their mid-thirties. Apparently my time has arrived with or without the willingness to do so.

I do recall the spotting of the very first one. It was January 8th, 1999. My 30th birthday. The same early morning routine of crawling to the bathroom looking in the mirror, brushing my teeth, and lo and behold, a gray hair. Immediately Debbie, my older sibling was rung up and I said "I found a gray hair! What do I do now?". She began giggling saying, "What are you worried about, I began going gray at age 25". Guess I didn't have much to complain about. Over the past 5 years a miscolored hair has been noticed here and there but now they seem to be appearing with brute force, taking over slowly but surely.

Not sure about attempting to try different colors or fend off the ultimate nature's color. Could just start coloring it hot pink and see what the reaction is there. Seems like way too much maintenance and it doesn't fit in with the non-girlie persona it appears has been developed over the years. Jet black? Bright blue? Perhaps the standard mom-in-her-mid-fifties color red. (At one point when living with Willis and Derek we noted that all three of our mom's had the exact same color hair.) Until I decide on this, it will be taking things one gray hair at a time.

I will get by...

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

i see you as a summer green...

10:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home