Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

20 years ago this very day...

20 years ago today my twin cousins Brandon and Lucas were born. Uncle David called early on a Saturday morning to tell us the news. Aunt Ruth was extremely excited and probably more relieved than anyone else due to the fact that Lucas weighed in at 10 pounds 1 ounce and Brandon at 7 pounds 9 ounces. These were the first Lohr babies to be brought into the world in quite some time and the news of their arrival spread like wildfire. Grandma Lohr was a woman of few words so when she spoke you knew it was important and you better listen. The word of her latest grandsons birth coupled with the fact that they were the first twins listed on the family tree put a huge beaming smile on her face while she stated "Twins--now that's something don'tchaknow! My sister Arlene doesn't have twin grandsons!". Where ever Grandma Lohr is now I'm sure she is looking down and very proud of amazing adults Brandon and Lucas have become.

I was particularity excited when the boys were born because of the financial ramifications which were in front of me in the form of babysitting! Being a freshman in high school it probably wasn't the coolest thing ever to still be making a buck with this profession but I fell in love with these two little bugs the second I held them in my arms. The opportunity to make some cold hard cash for my Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Madonna, or WHAM! records while taking care of the littles was a great idea and something I got to do very often. They taught me so much and I thank them for it.

Although Brandon and Lucas came from the same womb at approximately the same time, they are truly the most fraternal twins on the planet. Their personalities showed through immediately. Lucas dove right into everything. He was full steam ahead from the way he played to how dinner was consumed. Brandon on the other hand thought and analyzed it all, right down to the very last green bean being served for lunch. He was a planner and thinker. Both of them have continued on with these traits into adulthood and remain very fraternal twins.

I continued to babysit for Lucas, Brandon, and their younger brother Mitch until I moved away to college. They would visit LaCrosse to check up on my new digs with their parents from time to time. We would hang out on my holiday and summer breaks. The entire family visited San Francisco in 1998 when we got to tour around the city and shoot spit wads at buses. Over the years I have shared more giggles and life experiences with them than I can possibly list here. Thanks for cousins whom seem more like nephews! I'm very proud of them and cherish the fact that so much has been shared between us. Have a great birthday!

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

what a sweet post. yeah for twins!!

3:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home