Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Monday, November 08, 2004

The Swing

Friday night began with a trip to the Lesbington post acupuncture. Miss B met up with her teacher friends at happy hour and happy they did get. Apparently the Bloody Mary's pack a strong punch and by arrival, 3 teachers 3 sheets to the wind were found. Mistycans and Heather also decided to become lesbians for an hour or two and joined in the drinkfest 2004. Heather was even so bold as to ask her date to meet her amongst the lesbians, first date mind you. He did well and off to a corner they went to chat one another up. Mistycans even managed to get herself felt up by one of the three tipsy teachers. Near midnight I poured Miss B into my car and off we went. Nothing wrong with a friday happy hour with a designated driver to get the teacher people home.

Saturday morning we awoke and I couldn't help but feel impending doom. Miss B and I layed in bed talking about the events of the week and I finally bawled my eyes out. Tears were flowin' like a river and the comfort of flannel sheets and my special lady were the perfect combination for such an event. Miss B, in an attempt to calm my fears of oh say, the next fifty years reiterated a quote from one of her teachers Thursday. This particular educator is older and reminded her students that she saw a whole lot of turmoil and steps backwards in the 1950's. Out of this era grew the change which produced the polar opposite, the 1960's. What's happening now is just a cycle and it takes a swing to the right to bring things back to the left they sure had fun doing it! (her words) With any luck, the swing back to the left will be good times and just as powerful. I await the swing and will do small things every day to encourage a speedy arrival.

This daylights savings time thing has thrown me all off. My body begins stirring at 6am in anticipation of the alarm when in fact it thinks 7am has arrived. The total bummer is that this happens on the weekends as well, much to Miss B's chagrin. I lay there patiently waiting for her to stir, to give me a window of opportunity to sneakily wake her up. This just doesn't happen. The woman can sleep through anything. If there were an earthquake, attack on San Francisco soil, or any other natural disaster, Miss B wouldn't know--she sleeps that hard. To occupy my time while awaiting for her to rise and shine, I hang out with Sammy, read, and watch the sun come up. Works out well. With any luck my body will adjust to the new schedule and I will be able to power sleep along side Miss B. Until then I thank my lucky stars that I have found a woman as wonderful as she to share my bed with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home