Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Friday, November 05, 2004

Monkey Bush Voodoo

There is a whole lot of consoling going on about the decision made on November 2, 2004. Many articles, blogs, NPR discussions, and conversations. It was the topic of the evening at yoga class Thursday. The depressed and ultra low morale is felt everywhere I go, everyone always asking the same questions while shaking their head stating "How did this happen?". This will be the question on everyone's mind over the next four years. Apparently I appeared so dismayed on Wednesday in a meeting that a co-worker whom I really don't know at all was inspired to bring me a GeeDubbayoo Voodoo Doll today in attempt to create some sense of comfort. A very nice gesture indeed. At my fingertips I now hold the ability to give Monkey Bush hemorrhoids, a cocaine relapse, learn english, legalize weed, and develop a conscience among other things. Off to work I go with pins in hand....if it were only that easy.

Off I go to acupuncture tonight. The bone spur really doesn't hurt anymore and I can't feel the big lumpy calcium deposit which used to be easily seen/felt. The rest of the weekend will be hunkering down and attempting to figure out how to make a difference from a single contributor level. I realize it doesn't have to be a massive take over nor explosion of power. It's figuring out what matters and starting with that, one step at a time. Thanks Bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home