Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Random Acts

My friend Ted hopped on a plane to go rally folks in Ohio to support soon to be Presidential elect John Kerry. Ted has always been politically charged and involved on some level or another but it's this election where he is pulling out all the stops and jumping in head first. Random acts which helped him to get there are as follows: his friend gave him frequent flyer miles so the plane ticket was free, friends of his parents live in Columbus so he is sleeping in their spare bedroom during his stay, his work is allowing him a leave with no repercussions, someone is loaning him an extra car once he gets there to get around in, and without all of this, it may not have been possible. It's times like this when I think that people are amazing and how far a few random acts can go. The other night a woman said "Every night before I go to bed I ask that the next day people treat me the way I have treated them.". If everyone did this, it might very well be a more friendly place. The baked bean lady and curmudgeon downstairs neighbor might not be fighting right now if they thought this way. Monkey Bush might not be defending oil at the cost of human lives and suffering. There might not be so much road rage, honking, and flipping off on the highway. Take a few minutes, breathe, and think about what you are doing. Randomness begets randomness. Hopefully Ted's random act will pay off and get a democrat in the White House. Three cheers for Ted!

The election is one week away. Evidently lawyers have been lined up in the event that there is a contested election. It's going to be close and it makes me nervous. It could be weeks before we know who is President if it is a contested election. You know as well as I that Monkey Bush has the money, power, greed, and "moral majority" behind him to buy himself the throne again. I am going to figure out what random acts I can do to prevent this madness from continuing. I'll let you know what I come up with.

2 Comments:

Blogger Prattlepants said...

does stockpiling weapons against the state in preparation for the revolution count as a random act?

10:59 PM

 
Blogger FreundinN said...

YAY TED!! I hope he can swing my old home state to Kerry! What a good man Ted is!!

12:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home