Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Fish Number Dos

Last Sunday A and I went fish shopping. She needed so equipment to warm her beta up (her abode is so cold and Percy just doesn't swim around a whole lot due to the temperature seeing as they like it between 70-76 degrees) and venturing to Megapet was the thing to do. First off, any sort of shopping on a Sunday afternoon where the weather is gross and doing so in Daly City is just a bad idea. (Once again I am amazed with my ability to see 20/20 after the situation.) There were loads of littles with their parents (I heard one kid sing a song to his sister which went "What do you say when you see Maria? She's ugly, she's ugly!") as well as fish geeks discussing their latest fish traumas with the clerks in the aquatic area. The one rather scary dude with a mullet and ponytail went into great detail of how one fish killed the other with a line of 6 deep behind him. Maybe he was lonely? Or just plain weird. Perhaps. After a long wait, A finally got someone to help her and I picked out a new beta. He was rather redish pink and seemed pretty happy/healthy in his little display cup. Off we went to the hardware store to obtain a light for A's new fish bowl lamp and mesh wire for the top of my desktop bowl. (To avoid another mishap with Little Green and fish hijinx.

Brought the fish home. Set up the new bowl. He was happy in there, playing with the Wizard and adapting to his new surroundings. The kitchen table seemed like it suited him. He hung out with Miss B and I as we ate dinner. Tossed a bunch of different names around and settled on Willie. Made me think of the movie "Free Willy" and also allowed us to walk into the kitchen and say "Ques con di Willie?". (This means "Wha chu talkin' about Willis" in French.) Wha-la. New fish, new day, new start.

Came home from work and Willie was stiff as a board dead at the bottom of the bowl. Perhaps I am not meant to be a fish owner. Or the heat was too much in the morning sun at the kitchen table. Not sure. It may be a while before I try this again. I flushed him this time seeing as Willie really wasn't around long enough to establish a in depth relationship. The bowl is sitting empty and the Wizard stands alone waiting for company. Sigh.

Tomorrow is the big 5K race. If you would like to see the route and what it benefits, go here: http://www.muffysrun.org/ Last night we had to do 2 miles and it was a piece of cake compared to the 4 miles from Sunday. Running again has been fun and hopefully will still be able to maintain the discipline to do this without a pending race. Either that or find another race to keep the momentum. Yoga is still happening 3 times a week and it's good stuff.

Went to the doctor last week to get my shoulder checked out. Have been having significant pain between my head and neck area. After a series of tests it was confirmed that she thought I had arthritis which just didn't seem right. Left the office with some documentation for exercises and advice to take more ibuprofen and somewhat disappointed because I wanted to feel better. After that it was off to get a haircut. Have been going to the same lady for the past 9 years. She give a great cut for an even better price plus head rubs! When she was finishing up it was noticed that the area between my head an shoulder on the right side was as stiff as a over stretched cable. She performed what is called "Cranial Sacral Therapy" on my head and it totally worked! The pain is gone and I had a huge energy rush afterwards. She went on to explain that it gets all the fluid moving around again in my head and sent it to the places where I was "stuck". I would try that again in a minute!

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

pevil the great fish killer!! good luck on your run. i know you can do it. at any time you get tired think of the "grandma p is driving a geo…" song. it always get the energy going.

8:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home