Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Oh my living bruises

I am broken. Or at least feeling the repercussions of getting older. Sunday morning we helped the Bear in Training move into his new abode. It's a lovely flat on the edge of Noe Valley and the Castro. Love the fact that this bear is invading the stro! Many more bears are needed in that part of town to balance out the twink activity flaunting and flailing on the streets more often than not. Perhaps there should be a bear assimilation or desegregation program. Bus in the bears! Ok, that just shows how distracted I am today...anyway...back to the bear's house. It's a one bedroom with a nice kitchen, big living room with working fireplace, and best of all, lots of light. The bathroom is funky with the tub being on a throne and the toilet so near the tub that it almost appears to be a bit logistically challenging. Am sure he will be content there for quite some time and make it a happy home. When moving something from the truck to the apartment my knee got whacked and is swollen and a bit not so hotso. Took the night off from running and Miss B spoiled me rotten. Even got to soak in the tub for a good hour and it helped a whole lot. It's amazing how something like a move shows the weakest link in no time flat. I will get back on my running train later on this week.

Well the week has gone by and this post is rather old. Big news of the week: MISS B TURNED 30! Yes, a cradle robbing lesbian I am! Call me what you like, I dig this gal. To celebrate we both went to work and came home exhausted. OK, OK, it wasn't that lame. Her carpool partners got her out of the last hour or two of her Thursday night teacher credential class and I treated her to dinner out at Syuria, a lovely Thai place on 25th/Valencia. Major YUM! To celebrate for real however we are having a bunch of folks over on Saturday for a late brunch and mimosas. After that it's dancing at Mango which has been moved back to El Rio. Bless their little hearts for finally getting it out of that hole in the wall in Potrero Hill. Should be lots of fun.

One thing which has become clear this week: I don't really like working late hours. This place has been a bear and getting it all together has been very difficult. But it's together for now. Whew.

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

give miss b a big birthday hug for me. rub some aloe on your bruises. it works for me.

7:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home