Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Actively Active

Training for the 5K has begun! Last week when Miss B was on vacation she decided to develop training calendars to get us to May 19th, the big race day. It was a surprise to come home from work to find "Pauline's 5K Training Program" laid out for me. Had to give her a hard time about that. Although I had to admit it, it's working! Give me a goal and I'll prove it can be done! Miss B used to prompt me with stickers however in this case, I needed a little more. Last week I ran 6 miles total. Granted it's no Olympic distance but it's a start.

Same sort of inspiration is also apparent with the bike computer which was finally installed on my bike after purchasing it a year previous. I opened the box, read the directions, and as soon as the word "calculate" came up, it was put away. After months of stating aloud "I really need to put on that bike computer!" it happened last week. Miss B and I attempted to take on this project. After several failure of obtaining a signal, battery replacement, and frustration, the whole shebang was hauled to the bike shop where for a mere $10 it was up and running within 15 minutes. Best $10 spent in a long time! So now whenever I go out for a spin, it's great to know exactly how far the trek has taken me. Again, goal confirmation!

With Miss B on vacation last week, I took a few days off to hang out with her. On Friday we went to Marin and did a 9 mile hike on the Allemere Falls trail. It's a phenomenal hike along the coastline as well as within some tree cover which ends up at a waterfall into the ocean. I got reminiscent while we were sitting by the waterfall thinking of the last time I had taken this hike. Scott, Heather, Willis, Ethan and I went on a Saturday morning when we were amidst our "Adventure Series Weekends". I got this great picture of Ethan taking a running jump over the stream created by the waterfall to the ocean. I miss that guy. Anyway, it was a great day to spend outside and this hike has certainly prompted the urge to take adventures like this more often. Any day away from work is a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home