Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Music Fest for the ADD

Blogolians! It's been a while. Cochella has come and gone and my oh my what fun we had. So many good bands with outstanding performances! My body is aching and sore from all the dancing and standing in the sun. Very well worth it to attend the music festival for the ADD. With 5 stages and 12 hours of music, there is always something on to see. Didn't powerfest it so much this year. Took time getting there and left a bit early both nights. In years past it was all about getting there at noon and leaving around 1am. Still just as good of a festival sans the dust inhalation in the parking lot post shows. Top performance of the weekend I would have to say goes out to Bauhaus. The 9 minute version of "Belalogosi's Dead" with the lead singer hanging upside down in the middle of the stage the entire time not missing a beat was truly monumental. Undead. Undead. Undead. DJ of the festival was Ben Watt. He ripped some killer beats and my ears are still ringing from the display of loudness.

It was great to return home and find all three cats lined up on the steps awaiting our arrival. They were full of gratitude, love, and fur as it is shedding season. We had a good home cooked meal after a weekend of festival food and it sure was yummy. Made the curried fish chowder which elicits the response of "I like this so much I may have to punch you in the face!" from A every time I make it. Could have slept in another 3 hours to feel fully rested but it wasn't meant to be. It's good to have a job to go to afterall.

Miss B and I have been sticking with our workout ritual rather religiously. We have missed a few runs here and there but for what it's worth, the schedule is still in tact. When Satan was brought into the house (a scale was purchased and that is what I like to call it) I didn't know how that was going to fit into the whole deal. Upon first weigh in I was a bit disheartened to see what I actually weighed compared to what I thought my weight was. Shocked and horrified to find a rather large discrepancy between the two, it was time to take this stuff seriously. Weighing in once a week is ok and has shown that I am making progress even though the first week I wanted to throw the damn thing through the window. At any rate, we are up to 3.5 miles on our runs and would be able to do the 5K if it were tomorrow. Hooray!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Good for you and all the running, P. I haven't been into it this year yet. Brad would literally pass out if he knew about the Bauhaus thing. I mean just fall right down...kerplop!

11:31 PM

 
Blogger j. ethan duran said...

glad to hear you had a blast at coachella. i should send you a dust mask from korea for nexts event.

8:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home