Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Briefly Brief

Vacation is over. Time to head back to work and start the new year off with writing 5 performance reviews. I was supposed to do all that before leaving on vacation however procrastination kicked in and here I am with boatloads to do upon returning. I suppose it can be viewed as throwing myself right back in reducing the inability to get overwhelmed and distracted. Yeah....right. It was bound to happen and here I am facing work again for the first time in almost three weeks.

Hawaii was amazing. I can't even begin to do it justice in one small posting. The Big Island is the way to go! So much to see on the biggest island in the chain and so much more to see the next time we go. We had all sorts of topography and climate changes merely driving for 10 minutes. We snorkeled, went scuba diving (Becky saw a shark on her first dive ever!), hiked around Volcano National Park, swam with sea turtles, and basked in the sea/sun drinking coconut milkshakes--perhaps the most filling and sweetest things on the planet, and ate so much good food! I Hawaii! So much more to talk about in terms of the trip but it's time for me to tuck myself into bed and get some shuteye before dawn breaks and the alarm goes off. Doesn't help that the rain is coming down in buckets since returning. It's going to be a wet one in San Francisco this winter. Better be sure to put on your rubbers....oh, I mean galoshes....hee hee. It's what they called them growing up in the midwest. Once I realized the other meaning of rubbers when in middle school, I was completely confused! More documentation headed your way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home