Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Monday, October 11, 2004

Superman Died Today

I am I am I am Superman. I can do anything. Christopher Reeve died Sunday 10/10. He was a young 52. Listened to an interview that NPR did with him on my way home from acupuncture today. Superman talked a lot about how rather than looking at his life "before the accident, after the accident" that he took it more on as a continuum. His ability to look inward and understand that each day is to be viewed just as precious as the next is what he learned most from his accident. I believe he called it "self actualization", something most people never learn, want, nor take the time to do as they are afraid of what they might find. Christopher Reeve emphasized that we can learn the most from looking within to see what we really are and do with it what we want for the betterment of society. Never on earth did I think that I could really learn much from Superman. How wrong I am.

Perhaps Monkey Bush sould listen to Superman and take a few moments to take his eye off the prize and focus on self actualization. Shouldn't take being thrown from a horse and losing all your motor function to get one to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home