Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Was that a do-over?

First and foremost, while I am posting tonight, for the first time with no firewall in place I am getting to listen to my friend Ted's online radio station. It's good stuff! If you would like to do the same, please go to this link and check it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.live365.com/stations/leibowt?play

So the old white guy and young slick hot dem faced off tonight. It was a bit of the same rhetoric we were fed on Thursday night last week. Cheney proved to be the coot I thought he was. He used a lot of the same lines Dubahya was scripted to utilize. How many times do they need to repeat "Wrong war, wrong time, wrong place". It's almost as if they have 4 or 5 tag lines that they insist on pummeling into our brains. Repetition is not a form of argument. (An ex-girlfriend taught me that...long story but she was right.) Perhaps the Republicans could learn something from my past relationships. Old Whitey insisted that they have not declared there is a direction connection to Saddam and the terrorists. However, in days past, he has stated just the opposite. It's frustrating. Pick one theory and stick with it. His candor reminded me of Jabba the Hut from Star Wars. Or perhaps Slimer from Ghostbusters. Either way, I am convinced that if, and only if, there is another 4 years of Republican dictatorship, it will be more of the same. A bunch of Republican fiscal failures and further decline of our global relationships with anyone in the world, period. Here's a little I for interesting: he did not speak to the misuse of the constitutional amendment against gay marriage. However he did acknowledge Mr. Edwards "kind words about his family and daughter" and did not broach the topic any further. Nope, he did not say GAY. Rather cowardly but what can you expect. Am sure it's what he was briefed to do. "If they try to make you say gay you run and hide just like you have been doing the last four years like the yellow bellied sap sucker that you are!". At least he is consistent.

As for Mr. Edwards, he is one good looking fella. And he's got that southern drawl that causes one to think "Do I hear Bill Clinton? Could that possibly be him?". We should be so lucky. At least when he was president the headlines were full of sex scandals and internal issues at home. Now all we see is Iraq, Iraq, Iraq and all the death, destruction, and lies which come along with it. Mr. Edwards did a good job of staying consistent with Kerry's message from Thursday. He didn't add anything new however which was rather disappointing. This debate certainly was full of more personal stabs as opposed to discussion of the facts. Edwards also at times debated himself into a corner and simply didn't answer the questions presented to him. Old Crusty Whitey honed in on that ASAP and pointed it out each time by saying "What was the question again?". Good old Dick. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Undoubtedly, I support Mr. Edwards and thought he did relatively well holding up to an old cooter like Dick with years upon years of political experience. He will have to spruce up a bit on his focus abilities however if he wants to remain a contender.

For those of you who are uncertain as to how to vote this year, I of course am going to encourage you to vote Democratic. (as if you haven't figured that out already) If only for the fact that a Republican vote will do two things: 1) never allow me to get married 2) send one of my favorite cousins, Luc, to Iraq.

Point #1--
I never really thought I would want to get married. Didn't think that there was a possibility of really meeting "the one" that I would want to take the leap with. And even if I hadn't met that girl, (which I have and she is fantastic and her name is Becky and I love her but that is for some other posting) it's about equal rights for all human beings. Love knows no boundaries and even if you don't understand what the hell being a homosexual is all about and you can't possibly wrap your brain around it, who cares. I think you can understand that if you love someone and want to share your life with them, why shouldn't you get the same treatment as straight people? It's not rocket science. Neither is the fact that voting Republican will take these basic human rights from me. Do you really want that to happen? I don't think so.

Point #2--
Luc is in his second year of the Army Reserves. He did his basic training this summer after attending his first year at UW-Oshkosh. I would hate to see him shipped off to a worthless war over oil. Do you really want him to end up in Iraq? Vote Republican and you might as well buy him the airline ticket yourself. The occupation will not end if the Bush cronies continue down the same path with no plan for peace or exit. I love Luc way too much to let this happen.

Anyway, enough of this political hoo-ha. I'm tucked into bed with my cat Sammy curled up at my side. He has been much more into hanging out with me at night now that it's cold. Evidently I am a great little heater. The rain hasn't started falling yet but winter is most certainly on it's way. You can smell it in the air. With any luck, there will be winds of political change to follow.

BAD SANTA report = 3 of 5 stars. The Cohen brothers create yet another very strange yet silly film like no other. A renter and totally worth it. A must rent if you like midgets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Krishna said...

...So the old white guy and young slick hot dem faced off tonight..

Or as Jay Leno put it "A heart throb versus a throbbing heart" :)

11:59 PM

 
Blogger Pevil said...

Beautiful! Thanks for your comment!

2:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home