Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Monday, October 04, 2004

Welcome to the 2000's

Hellooooo there--

It's time to join the 2000's. Here I am with blog in hand, er something, writing away whilst sitting at my kitchen table. It has taken me a while to join the 2000's actually. First and foremost, I recently purchased a DVD player. I am pretty sure I am the last person on earth to do so. A year ago I got a celluar phone. Again, I was the only person left without one. When payphones became impossible to find as well as a call costing 50 cents and pagers just seemed stupid, I fell to the cellbone. Mind you, I haven't taken to calling people from movies or in the grocery store however I did use it just last week to see where in the hell my girlfriend was as we got seperated in the clothing store. I think they are adult walkie talkies. Everyone has one and it just seems so odd to exist without one. Which frightens me to think about because I HATED them. Hate with a capital H. Scoffed at the very sight of someone picking one up at any given moment. In line for a latte and announcing to the world "Hey man, I got SO drunk last night!" or "Oh jesus I have gas from those burritos". Where does the personal conversation end? Now it's on sidewalks everywhere. My mom refuses to call me on it. I think she may very well be afraid of it. But they again, most people are of things they don't know. It's interesting to be in WI with my phone because reception there is non-existent unless of course I am in Madison or Milwaukee. I saw a 10 year old with a cell phone AND an ipod. For the love of christ...is nothing sacred?

Anyway, I'm off to watch BAD SANTA because my friend A told me it was hilarious. The jury is still out on that one. Will cast my vote tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home