Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Welcome to the 2000's

And then there was nothing at all....

Simply haven't had the time to document here on the ol' bloggy. I have been documenting my pants off at the jelly doughnut factory. It's not fun documentation either. It's that which will lead to the end of careers in doughnut preparation and send them off to fend for themselves. And sometimes that is okay. Other times, not so much. Makes it rather difficult to get out of bed certain days knowing the day ahead is full of not so comfortable conversations and interactions with HR which in the happy times, were few and far between. But here I am trudging through another year of reviews and most, not so favorable as days past.

On top of that, I am sick AGAIN. This is the ga-gillionth time this year which is so odd. It's rare for me to be down and out this often. It came on like gangbusters and hasn't left yet. I'm ready for it to be gone. Can I just cast a spell and say "BEGONE WITH YOU EL GERM-O!". Guess I just did and unfortunately, it didn't work. Saturday morning awoke feeling sluggish and sleepy but figured it was from a long week and simply tuckered out. Post yogurt class and haircut, the feeling of exhaustion kept increasing and body aches kicked in full force. What totally sucked was that Miss B and I rode bikes to class. Nothing like riding up Bernal Hill with a fever and chills. Being the stubborn goat that I am, of course would not let Miss B ride home and come back and get me with the truck. No sir. I was going to sweat this thing out. Eventually took a 2 hour nap (note: napping never happens so it must really be proof that I was ill!) and awoke to the invite to hang out with A and her investigator. Again, being stubborn, of course I was going to do this. I can overcome anything, right? The lovely Miss B poured me a bath to which I relaxed in for an hour. Immediately after that, I crawled into bed and went back to sleep. No going out that night, no matter how much it was willed. I succumed to the fact that I was sick and just went with it.

The ladies did eventually stop over, even after the warnings of the germ investation. Brave? Yes! They were sweet enough to bring over a birthday gift which was the new Radiohead album. I love it! Had heard some not so great feedback so didn't purchase it. Thank goodness they got it for me or I would have missed out on this treat! It's wonderful. I liked it so much it inspired me to learn how to finally, after three years of owning one, use my iPod. It's a nifty little Nano and fun. I have been down loading like mad and have a crush on it, it's so cute. And it certainly makes working out at the gym much more tolerable. If I can't run with Miss B, a run with the iPod is second best. Shouts out to A and the investigator for the motivation!

No more mixed tapes....can you belive it?

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

how about a voodoo doctor to cure you. i hear they work wonders. now that you have a cute ipod, can i get my cassette player back. feel better.

4:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home