Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Want to blog...

But I am trapped under homework and regular work. I have also had 14 interviews for the three open manager positions. I may have the opportunity to head up jelly doughnut making rather than planning the making of them. We shall see. If anything it was a good excuse to dust off the resume and buy a sharp suit. It is sharp too.

Fresh Jesus went off this year! It was so much fun. The cream corn casserole with dill was the dish of the century. Straight out of the St. John's Lutheran Church cookbook. Thanks mom! I really can whip up a midwestern dish and haven't lost the wicked skills required to do so. Spiced up the green bean casserole as well and the ham was of course, Cherry Coke soaked. Does anyone want a half a liter? Lord knows it will sit in our fridge until the end of time. Takers? Mind you I said CHERRY COKE and not just coke. Snort sniff snort. Ick.

How much does Yo la Tengo hate me? They will be playing on 8/13 in Saratoga with no stop in San Francisco. Some random music festival. I am going to write them a letter to see if perhaps they will stop by for some cream corn casserole. It worked for Mistycans and her favorite band (mind you she offered them a full on Thanksgiving dinner) so it's worth a try. Speaking of which, the crew is on their way to Cochella as this very blog is being blogged. It's the first one I have missed in 4 years. It's ok. I will not miss being the shortest person at the show with the tallest frat boy in front of me. Although to be poolside would be delightful....here's to a happy Cochella for all those attending. I'm with you in spirit and will miss the dance tent for sure!

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

i would love me some cherry coke. yum-yum. it would probably be flat though if you sent it to korea. wishing you luck with the job opp.
jelly doughnuts rule!

4:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home