Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Fax Machine

My parents live in rural Wisconsin on a dairy farm just outside of Madison. It's a cute little town and was a fantastic place to grow up. Or at least I thought so at the time and couldn't ever imagine leaving it until I did out of necessity, nearing flying over the cukoo's nest. Mel and Doris live 7 miles away from "town". Town keeps encroaching every year with folks fleeing Madison in their desire for a home plus a little patch of land to play around with. Family farms are being sold to cash in on developments popping up here and there. More cash in selling the land than selling the business which is rather sad.

Onto the point of this post. Seeing as my 'rentals are so rural, they are behind the times in terms of technology. Mom recently aquired a fax machine at a garage sale and got it hooked up to the LAN line. She loves this thing! It saves her trips to Baraboo for her accounting meetings. Can send farm information where ever it needs to go. She thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. Today I sent her a fax. I printed up a copy of Miss B and I, signed it with a quick note, and off to the farm it went. Mom has been to the hospital a few times within the past few weeks to have melonoma removed from her arms, face, and leg so thought the cheer up would be good. I can only hope the fax machine works better than AT&T DSL!

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Sorry to hear about your mom!

I bet the fax will turn out to be much more reliable than AT&T how funny that something so simple amuses us that are beind the times. LOL

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home