Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Friday, February 25, 2005

Cat Adventures and DSL Woes

Cats are funny creatures. This has become extremely apparent over the course of the past week seeing as our home is the residence of 3 littles. One orange tabby named Sammy who has a big belly and is somewhat skitterish. One gray tabby named Little Green whom has serious OCD and it clearly becoming the alpha. And finally Zomie who is the smallest calico on the planet. They have all adjusted to life with one another pretty well but it will be a while before they are NBF's, if ever.

Little Green has decided to show her dominance by eating everyone's food. She eats and eats and the next thing you know, it's all over the floor in puke form. This happened the other night after Miss B took some codeine cough medication which clearly knocked her out. It's not so fun to deal with cat food barf at 3am. Oh the things ya do for love. Little Green has also been extremely obsessed with the kitchen cupboards under the sink. There are repeated attempts to open it with her paw creating a good loud slamming noise each time it remains closed. This gray tabby also likes to perch. It's a constant retraining battle to keep her off the kitchen table and other places she should not be hanging out.

Zomie is small, light, and fast with the sharpest claws I've ever felt. She likes to prance around and is very chatty. Constantly talking with the sweetest meow. Also enjoying a good perch, I awoke this morning to her atop my dresser attempting to eat the bamboo plant. Zomie hides during the day and comes out at night only to sleep more on the corner of the bed near Miss B's feet. She also likes to rear up on her back legs like a horse and push her head into your hand.

Sammy and his little heart mumur is holding up best as he can. It's been a rough week learning to share the house with two girls and now a second mom. He keeps looking at me as if to say "Did you really need to do this? Weren't we happy where we were?". Sammy has spent a whole lot of time under the bed, waiting for the coast to be clear so he can hang out. He sprints around whenever Little Green appears to get away from the devil cat. He did manage some time with me last night on the bed and snuggled until Zomie came in and under the bed he went. Eventually I am sure he will overcome this and feel more comfortable.

Oh my god, I AM A LESBIAN! I just wrote an entire posting about cats. Oi.

And to note, we are having some technical difficulties with AT&T transferring DSL service so the only time I get to post is from work which is often hard to do. Lord knows it will take them 800 days to get the order right to set up operations. Rather hard to do from India, don't you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I just read a lot of your blog. You have me laughing.

Let me send you to catster.com. You can write about your cats all you want there and fit in with the rest of the weirdos like me.

I'm blogrolling your blog to mine. Any one who writes about their cats needs to be added to my list.

4:03 PM

 
Blogger Frederick Henery said...

Don't worry. I could give you Sherman stories for hours .

10:53 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Hi Miss P! The other day when I started reading your blog, it made me think of a lovely vision of you and Miss B cohabitating! I am so happy that you both found each other! Lots of love to all five of you!

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home