Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Birthday Celebrating!


My special birthday treat!
This past Friday January 8th Elvis would have turned 75 and I did actually make it to 41. My lovely wife Miss B took me to a very special dinner at Chez Panisse, the ultra classy fancy french restaurant in Berkeley. The food was phenomenal and we also had a wonderful bottle of wine to go with dinner. I felt completely spoiled by the entire event. We rounded out the evening with a trip to the White Horse, the only G-A-Y bar in the east bay that I am aware of at least. An interesting crowd for sure.
Saturday night friends gathered at the Wild Side West for cake which once again Miss B made. It was a devil's food chocolate cake with this crazy frosting and coconut, all made out of the Magnolia Bakery cook book. Super tasty? YES! Thanks to all who made the night out to celebrate and I really appreciate all the cards, gifts, and love from my chosen family. Thank you thank you thank you! Of course serious props to Miss B for organizing and treating me so special on my special day! I am one lucky gal.

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

you are lucky! sounds like you had a great bday. i'm glad i could be there on saturday. smooches.

p.s. tofu soup would be good!

5:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home