Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Whip It

Go and see it now. Ellen Page was fantastical. Drew Barrymore hilarious. Worth every penny. Miss B and I were cheering, high-fiving, and laughing until we cried during this flick. Screw the critics, this movie completely ruled. Don't go thinking you are going to walk away knowing how to obtain world peace, but it was seriously one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Hooray for Drew Barrymore's directorial debut!

Now I need to find out where I can go see some real live roller derby. I walked out of the movie on Friday night wanting to go join a team! Once I think of my roller derby name I will let you know and see what you think.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There is a very active, very popular roller derby league in Eugene: http://www.emeraldcityrollergirls.com/ I am SURE there is an equivalent league in the Bay Area...

6:36 AM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Been to Roller Derby in NYC. Lots of fun live. I saw Whip It when it first came out and loved it. I'm glad it is still playing! I didn't know critics had panned it.

11:31 AM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Women's roller derby that is... Oh, and I know someone who tried out for a team in NY but didn't make it. She is massive, and a wrestler, so it was shocking she did not get in!

11:32 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

I love it, too! Made me want to re-think future career goals...I'm hoping to go to the next derby in PDX! yowzaa!

12:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home