Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not so Dynamo Doughnuts

Saturday morning I wanted to surprise my lovely lady with the best doughnuts on the planet. We never go out for doughnuts. Ever. We started a cleanse this week so did it up in fine fashion this past weekend eating everything which isn't allowed once a cleanse starts and this included doughnuts.

The word on the street was that this Dynamo Doughnuts place was the new hipster place for yummy treats. I should have heeded the warnings of Miss A and her investigator as they said it was crap for $2.50 a pop. Everyone else said these things were the shit. Hello, I would like my money back please. I dropped $5 for two doughnuts, one which was small, coconut and rather feeble. The other was a disgusting chocolate greasy mess which wasn't worth the flour used to bake it. It looked amazingly good under the glass, tempting with chocolate frosting. We didn't even finish it. Dynamo Doughnuts? I think not.

To top it off we went to Sugarlump for coffees. Same mediocre experience. People need to go to Spike's for the real deal and stop wasting their money on this stuff in the Mission. Beware of the hipster hype. It ain't all that.

Maybe I am just grumpy because I am deep into day two with no sugar or carbohydrates. But I don't think so. Those doughnuts just weren't worth it!

2 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

getting a bum doughnut is always the worst. that's why i stick to the 24 hour doughnut place in my hood. they're always sooo good & cheap! good luck with the cleanse.

10:42 PM

 
Blogger redgrackle said...

but you work at a doughnut factory?

11:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home