Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Holiday Blur 2008

The holidays have come and gone. So has a visit from my parents, another fainting spell, a trip to the doctor, my dad's 71st birthday, and a break from work. I can't believe it's time to jump back in and face the daily grind all over again. I looked so forward to this time away from work and it's over already. What is nice is that the month of January goes quickly with MLK day and a few other days off here and there. Hooray.

What hasn't gone yet? This horrible cold/flu which knocked me out for 5 days. I caught up on the first season of 30 Rock (hilarious!), finished Project Runway Season 4, missed Kate's 40th birthday celebration (boo-hiss but happy B-day Kate!), had a fever of 102, coughed up a lung, and went through 2 boxes of tissue. Miss B made me soup and we did eventually get to go over to A and A's on Saturday for a belated Happy New Year celebration. I drCheck Spellingank orange juice thank you very much but they enjoyed the mimosas! At any rate, 2009 is off to a good start and hopefully I got all the sickness out of me for the year.

Let's not forget, 4 days from now, I will no longer be in my 30's! More thoughts on that to come soon. Good lord, where has the time gone!?!? Much more to say but too sleepy and weak to write anything else. Off to take a bath and do a whole lot of nothing. Huge shout out to Miss B for taking care of me through all this. She totally rules and is the best nurse ever! (Even when I'm not sick! Hee hee!)

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

r&r is always good when your ailing. plus it does help to have a nurse. get better quick.

10:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home