Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

East Coast vs. West Coast

Miss B and I went for the year 8 trek to Provincetown MA to sit on the beach and giggle with our east coast friends. It's a hell of a trip each year which seriously involves planes, trains, automobiles, and a ferry! The only thing missing was a motorcycle. Perhaps we can figure out how to work that in next year. We had a lovely time hanging out, reading, eating amazing seafood, cooking, playing spoons, Apples to Apples, and many other card games. There was also a lot of alcohol consumption as well as east coast green. Let's just say my brain is a little mushy and responding to questions on the fly and quickly has not been my forte this week. Highlights of the week were:
  1. Judy the sea unicorn.
  2. Carl's Cher performance.
  3. Becky's GREASE performance portraying Rizzo. (I'm married to the school whore!)
  4. Douglas laughing until he cries.
  5. Nips and Red Stripe from the liquor store.
  6. Corn on the cob!
  7. Oyster and Cocktail shrimp happy hour at Clem and Ursies.
  8. Maintaining the Ptown limit of 9 people with no drama.
  9. Spoony Spoon.
  10. The thrift store in town run by the local church were we found an old school travel scrabble as well as playing cards with amazing facts about San Francisco on them.

It was a major improvement from last year with all the pill popping drunken drama of Paris and Nicole, rest her soul. Next year will be year 9. I thought it was year 10 however Danette corrected me and helped me get my dates in order. I was one year ahead of myself, imagine that!

Next week I will be traveling to the midwest for my 20th high school class reunion. I was sort of dreading that I had agreed to go but now am getting excited about it. I am sure I will be suprised all over the place with seeing people whom I haven't in a very long time. Will be sure to post some pictures of that!

Be well!

1 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

can't wait to see pictures from the reunion. i'm sure it'll be...something. here's to year 9 at p-town. can i reserve a space? i promise no drama. unless its on tv cuz i love my tv drama although it will be summer and everything is in reruns.

4:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home