Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Meeting the Devil--and he's Irish


On Monday there clearly was no reason to go to work. It had been a year since the last time I phoned it in ill so why not, right? This of course went hand in hand meeting an Irish guy named Richard who can drink like I have never seen. And he loves to get others to join in the fun. Sunday was spent in the park with Miss B and sensitive asshole. It was a lovely day. Sunny, warm, and minimal wind which is odd in San Francisco. Dolores was jam packed with all sorts of folks. Some sort of cult to our left praying for extended periods of time. A kid's birthday party. Some couples wedding shower. The gay boy beach was somewhat unpopulated for a sunny Sunday due to Dore Alley being in progress. We sat around and chatted about silly things and just hung out. Eventually the Bear in Training called to let me know they had taken up post at the Wild Side West, the neighborhood bar in Bernal on Cortland. It was nearing 6pm and time to depart anyway so off we went to hang out in the local garden of drinking. Upon arrival the boys had the back to themselves, having chased away all the lesbians. OK, maybe not but it sure looked that way. I'm sure they were all at home gardening as opposed to sipping beers at the bar. It appeared to break from my non-consumption of alcohol mold and have a beer. I then felt like having another. The Irishman came into full swing influential mode and talked us all into going to Chaise Lounge, the new fancy lesbian hangout on the corner of Cortland and Bocana. Fancy it is. And pretty full too. It was a far cry from the Lexington Club which is good news. Not a Mission troll in the place. Fancy girls wearing fancy clothing. Not sure where these ladies were from. Did a bus from LA drop them off? Two more beers in there Misty got ahold of the Bear and off to Cafe du Nord we went to catch a local band. Had another beer and by this point, tripled the alcohol consumption intake I'd had in an entire year. Don't really have to spell out for you the condition I was in and it didn't really feel that good. Miss B had a "gincident" in that replace the number of beers I had with gin and that was her total. Hammered anyone? Oi. Eventually I started drinking bubbly water and worked the road back to somewhat sober. We went to the restaurant Home where I made some very poor choices regarding meatloaf. I must have been drunk--I ordered meatloaf for pete's sake on a stomach full of beer! It came to haunt me later on that evening and will leave it at that. To finish up the circuit we then went to the Pilsner, Sadlands, and Moby Dick. Hello, gay boys for the evening? I think so! This evening (or should I say the day after) reminded me exactly why I don't drink in large amounts anymore. I felt gross for the majority of the morning on Monday. The picture above is 5 beers in and not so pretty. Well, Misty is pretty. I'm just drunk.

Miss B and I did eventually make it out of the house on Monday to have a lovely tea house session with A and my favorite Bear. We met up at the Shambala house and drank lovely iced tea and the silliest conversations ever about lady shoes and A's power over animals, among other things. What a fantastic way to spend a Monday!

Running report: Miss B and I ran 5.5 miles this week and didn't fall over from exhaustion! This coming Saturday will be 6 miles! Hooray!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Misty L said...

omg. I can't believe you guys kept drinking after you left Cafe Du Nord!! Livers of STEEL!

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home