Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Free at Last! Free at Last!

Life has changed at 327 Highland Avenue....Miss B and I got a washer and dryer! Oh my living lord I cannot even begin to tell you how happy this makes the both of us. No more Friday nights after work spent dragging our laundry across town to spend the evening watching the weirdos of society do what they do to their clothing. Of all household chores, taking laundry to the laudrymat is the least favorite. The last abode in which there was an in house laundry facility was when I lived with the boys on Lundy's Lane. Oh how I have missed it! Miss B and I found these two gems for cheap at a used appliance store called Rancho Grande in the Mission. At one point I was convinced that a new stackable was needed. After some shopping around and a rude salesman or two, Miss B was right, the used machina was the way to go. And for the right price! The set was delivered last night and Miss B has been doing laundry non-stop! It's exciting. I will take my turn tonight and see how it goes. The washer leaks a little but it is under warranty for three months so we will get it checked out soon. Being so excited about the purchase, on Saturday night we told MistyL about it and admitted feeling a little geeky. She said "I'd be so happy that I would get a t-shirt made saying "I just bought a washer and dryer!". So it's good to know that I'm not the only one this excited about home appliances. Think of all the multi-tasking I can do now. And no one has to look at my boy underwear, other than Miss B.

Klutz report. On Sunday I washed my car seeing as it was a beautiful day and well, I like cleaning. When finished, I was walking down our back steps to lock up and somehow slipped. The very last step is made of cement and the front portion of my calf met the pointy corner of the step. It punctured and went pretty deep causing the blood to freely flow. Miss B was a good nurse and helped me get back into the house and clean up. My god this thing hurts! If I don't stay dosed up on Advil, it starts throbbing and hurting. Will be interesting to see how yoga goes tonight. If we have to do any sort of poses on the front of our legs (pigeon and such) there is no way that is happening. From the fall I have also found bruises on my left bicep and right knee. This one is a doozey. Hopefully it will repair quickly. Once again this goes to show that my middle name is not Grace!

3 Comments:

Blogger j. ethan duran said...

paging doctor carrie weaver! is it time for the cane again. having a w/d in one's home is always nice. at least you don't have the combo washer/dryer thats likes to wrinkle your cloths every time you use it. happy washing!

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Misty L said...

I'm SO jealous of your washer and dryer.

8:13 PM

 
Blogger dac said...

i'm so jealous of your washer and dryer repair man.

10:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home