Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Cleansing--or something like that

A while ago in yoga class the teacher was talking about fasting and performing a food cleanse. I thought it sounded like a good idea and mentioned it to Miss B. She then purchased a book on the subject and we thought to give it a try. The goal is to demonstrate the food in our lives, how it's prepared, a greater sense of appreciation, and detoxify the body all at the same time. It's suggested that probiotics as well as fiber and thistle cleansers accompany this undertaking. One for the colon, the other for the liver. Also keep in mind there is no consuming of dairy products during this period nor caffeine. The designated start day was yesterday. Woke up in the morning. Took all the appropriate formulas, drank lots of water, started the day with fruits and vegetables. Did all the things per the book. Stopped at the coffee shop to pick up an herbal tea and be on my way to work. There's no way to figure out the last time a coffee was not party of my day, the kick start of it all. I gotta say, tea just doesn't cut it. Sure it's hot, smells good, springy and refreshing but it's no coffee. Of all my vices that I have given up from the past, I'm not sure this is one I want to let go. At any rate, it was different from any other day where usually I am scrambling to finish my latte and eat my bagel prior to my first meeting of the morning. I trekked along with my orange slices and mystic mint tea with no caffeine fervor behind me. As the day went on, things became more and more unclear and I was downright loopy. Couldn't concentrate. Missed some vital pieces of information in a conversation or two. Simply out of it. It was time to leave work so off to the parking garage I went to begin the trek home. On the way my vision became blurry and things had a prism-ish hue about them. No, no acid or shrooms had been dropped, but it was a sure sign of a migrane on the way. Driving home there were several complications with the cell phone headset wire and it was clear that my wits were no where about me. Nope, not one bit. Got home just in time to hurl which is classic sign number two that the migrane had in fact arrived. I got into bed and cried as my eyes hurt due to the sunlight and became increasing sensitive to the sounds of the apartment. Miss B eventually got home and she too, barfed. The targeted suspect is the liver detoxification pill which appears to have sent things over the edge. It was impossible to eat anything and I spent the rest of the night sleeping. If detoxing from heroin is anything like coffee, I don't want any part of it. Day two has been ok but the dull migrane hangover has been haunting me as they do when recovering from one. This isn't easy. Two days down. 8 to go. Tomorrow is the addition of grains day! Hooray. The first thing I am going to have is cream of wheat. (with no sugar or butter of course!) Hopefully after this is all said and done I will have a greater appreciation for the food consumed and how it's prepared. Oh, and a detoxified liver.

In other news, how about "Scooter" Libby's fall guy position? I suspect Karl Rove and Cheney (Jabba the Hut to some) will skate on this one and the former "advisor" will take all the heat and serve time in prison. Although Rove is still under investigation, there is no way they will touch him. He's the Monkeybush's brain. Face it people, he's not going anywhere. And Cheney, well, they will just place him in an undisclosed location as they did post 9/11 or something stupid like that. He's not going anywhere either. What is interesting is how the media is turning on the Monkeyboy. The patriotic do-gooder good old boy image is crumbling. When asked about the increasing turmoil within his administration the Monkey was quoted stating this was "background noise" and it was business as usual. Yeah, jacked up, just as it always has been since he started if that's what's being referred to as business.

And don't forget the staged disappointed Monkeybush showed when the former rug munching Miers withdrew her nomination. I believe all along that he thought he would "sneak this one past the goalie" and receive her approval without being second guessed. I can hear him now "Well why wouldn't you believe me, she's a good gal with a good heart, accept her nomination already damn it!". Not so. As the pressure built from both parties, she caved before he had to. There was no way this blank slate would be accepted. Sheesh. Who knows who will be the next to be pulled up from the dregs.

I'm going home now to eat more fruits and vegetables. With any luck, maybe I can have some beans. Shambala.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home