Life as seen through the eyes of a displaced cheesehead formerly living in San Francisco now taking on the Pacific Northwest! Put a bird on it!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spring Training

Clearly having issues with a picture upload as you can see. When I save it on my hard drive it looks right but at any rate, you get it.

Miss B and I both have new gloves. Everyone knows that the best way to break in a new glove is to play catch, oil, and tie with a ball on the inside. I've only gotten to the last part. But we purchased them which is a step in the right direction. Miss B's is the black one, mine is the other. The last time I purchased a baseball glove it was the spring of 1985. I made the JV softball team making my debut at catcher. I still to this day have no idea why I wanted to play catcher. Perhaps it was the fastest way to varsity, which the next year did prove to be the case. Started at first base but I am so short and squat, didn't have much of a stretch nor a target for the ladies on my team to hit. Purchased the glove with my babysitting money. It was $65 at the Ace Hardware in town. Also was lucky enough to get cleats and wore those all 4 years while playing and some years afterwards playing bar leauge slow pitch. I couldn't believe I had made such an investment. Came across that same glove when we were unpacking this summer. The pocket is torn and some leather just plain gone. Guess it was worth it! :)

Have our tickets to spring training. Will also go see Beckys' parents in March, a trip to Florida. While there we will catch a Detroit Tigers spring training game. We are also headed to Scottsdale, AZ to see the Cactus Leauge where the Giants play. 19 days until catchers and pitchers report. Whoop! Get to see three games while there and can't wait. Will go opening weekend too, such a great day. The other fantastical happening is June 15,16, and 17 they will be at Safeco Park in Seattle playing the Mariners. We will be there for all three games. Bless interleauge play!

Since the new year we have been doing a challenge at Becky's gym. Three days a week we work out doing all sorts of crazy shit. Last week I was flipping a tire back and forth from side to side of the gym. TRX bands. Kettle bells. Medicine balls. Super stupidly difficult core exercises. All sorts of different exercises which kick my ass. There is a group of 6 total, all ladies. Been having fun and actually getting in shape while losing weight. This also requires a food log which has proven to be interesting. Really makes you think about when you are eating and why. Don't get me wrong I do miss most everything I can't have right now. But it's a treat rather than a regular thing. Without babbling any longer, it's a great new way to approach something I've always struggled with, pretty much my entire life.

Mom and Dad come to visit the weekend of March 2nd. Have no idea what we will do but am sure we will figure it out. They are taking Amtrack.

Saw Paula Poundstone last night at the Aladdin in SE. She was a riot. Really. Crazier than you would think but damn funny. Ran the spectrum from politics, pets, kids, and just life. Played off the crowd really well. It was a blast and the second to last event of my birthday month! Lucky me, Miss B spoils me something terrible. One funny thing, we were certainly at the early bird special crowd of the two performances. Pretty much the youngest people there. All I know is please oh please don't even allow me to take on old Oregon lesbian fashion. It's a look. And if you don't know it, come for a visit. It will jump right on out at you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home